King was well aware of the role of education in shaping successful people, In this article, we look at Martin Luther King Jr quotes on education and discover what the actual aim of our education should be as per the King.
Martin Luther King Jr Knew that great education lays the foundation of a great society, one that is ethically and morally sound, since education expands our vision and develops capabilities to fight injustice. One has to be educated to live a flawless life. By being educated one can break out of the social evils like racism and can stand out as equal with all the people of different castes, colors, creed.
Martin Luther King Jr quotes on education:
- The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.
- I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three meals a day for their bodies, education, and culture for their minds, and dignity, equality, and freedom for their spirits.
- Intelligence plus character—that is the goal of true education.
- The complete education gives one not only power of concentration, but worthy objectives upon which to concentrate.
- I too often find that most college men have a misconception of the purpose of education.
- Education must enable a man to become more efficient, to achieve with increasing facility the legitimate goals of his life.
- At this point, I often wonder whether or not education is fulfilling its purpose.
- To save man from the morass of propaganda, in my opinion, is one of the chief aims of education.
- Education must enable one to sift and weigh evidence, to discern the true from the false, the real from the unreal, and the facts from the fiction.
- education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society.
- We must remember that intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character–that is the goal of true education
- Education must also train one for quick, resolute and effective thinking.
- Knowledge is a process of piling up facts; wisdom lies in their simplification.
Most of the quotes mentioned here have been extracted from an essay titled: “The Purpose of Education” which was written by Martin Luther King Jr. He was well aware that the living standard of black Americans can be vastly improved with improved education since it lets a person live their life on their foot. Let’s all take a pledge that we would promote education wherever we be and whatever we are doing.
So, which one is your favorite? And did we miss some? Let us know by clicking here and we’ll add them.